In order to change the router’s settings, we need to enter the router’s GUI admin panel. From there, users can change all the settings related to the router. GUI interface allows users to browse the router related setting easily and efficiently. Every router has its admin panel which can be accessed through router login IP address and using the login credentials. In this article, we’re showing you the Asus router login process with Asus router IP which will be used to access the login page. If you’re having the problem like can’t access the login page or can’t log into the router then all your problem will be solved in this article. We’ve cleared all the confusion about logging into the router’s GUI admin panel.
In most of the cases, users just change the router’s WiFi password and leave the router login credentials to the default., It’s the serious security risk to the users as anyone who’s connected to the router can access the admin panel by using router default password and username which is admin in most of the cases.
If you’ve changed the Asus router login username and password it’s good. But if you’ve forgotten the login credentials than you need to reset the router. This will change all the router settings like SSID, WiFi password, router login credentials to default. Then you can proceed to the steps given below for Asus router login process.
Asus router IP for accessing the login page is http://192.168.1.1 in all the cases. But, if it didn’t work for you then read the guide given at the end of this article. Using that guide you can easily find your Asus router IP to log in.
Steps To Asus Router Login
In order to access the Asus router admin panel, you’ll have to use a web browser. YOu can use Chrome, EDGE, IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari web browser on the desktop. If you’re using a smartphone, use Chrome, EDGE, Firefox, Safari browser. These browsers work perfectly in accessing the router’s web admin panel. Some other browsers might not respond properly on the mobile phone.
- Connect to the Asus router’s WiFI network on the device which you’re using to do Asus router login.
- Open the browser and in the URL address bar type: http://192.168.1.1 or use http://router.asus.com and hit enter.
- You should get a login screen asking username and password.
- Enter your username and password. If you haven’t changed the default username and password, use Username: admin and Password: admin.
- Users who have changed the login credentials should use their changed username and password. If forgotten, reset the router by pressing the reset button on the back or bottom of the router. Press reset button for 5-10 seconds until notifications lights on the router start blinking.
- Once you’ve entered the username and password, hit enter and you’ll be taken to the router GUI admin panel.
What If You’re Not Able To Login To Asus Router?
If you’re not able to login to the Asus router, there might be many reasons behind this problem. maybe your browser isn’t supported or the Asus router IP you’re using to access the admin panel isn’t working. You can try the tips given below
- Use different web browser.
- Reconnect to the WiFI network
- Restart the router.
- If getting the wrong username and password error, reset your router and use admin in both username and password field.
You should be now able to log in the Asus router. But, in rare chances users are still not able to access the login page. It’s because the router’s login IP is different. Asus router IP is 192.168.1.1 but in your case, it might be different due to some reasons. We’ve shown the method below to find your router’s default gateway to access the router login page.
Default Asus Router IP To Access Login Page
Find Asus Router IP In Mobile Phone:
- Open WiFI settings.
- Click on manage known networks.
- Select your router’s WiFi and check its properties. Default gateway should be listed there.
Long tap on WiFi and select properties. You’ll get the default gateway of the router. Use that IP address to access the router login page.
Find Asus Router IP Using Windows:
- Right-Click on WiFi icon in the taskbar and select Open Network And Sharing Center.
- Click on your WiFI network and select Details.
- You’ll get the IPv4 address. That’s the router’s IP to access the login page.
Using MAC OS and Linux
- Open the terminal app and type the command given below according to your OS
- For MAC:
netstat -nr | grep default
- For Linux:
route -n or ip route | grep default
- Now, you’ll get the default gateway or Asus router IP which should be used to access the login page on the screen.
We hope you’re now able to do Asus router login easily without having any errors. If you’re having an problem, comment down below. We’ll help you in every possible way.