Variety of formats here when it comes to video such as AVI, FLV, MKV, MP4, MOV and other. But MKV and MP4 are one of the commonly used video formats here. And if you compare both types of formats with different bitrates you will find MP4 is the lightest than the MKV format.
Maybe you are looking to convert MKV to MP4 format and here are three best Software you can use to convert them.
HandBrake does a really good job of converting and compressing big files. Sometimes you use some screen recording software to record your screen sessions but because of the HD settings, it makes the file size way bigger than a normal file. Even a minute video can be more than 100mb sometimes. For that time Handbrake is the perfect software/tool to use.
You may be looking for a free software tool to convert MKV to MP4 then Handbrake is for you. It is the lightweight and completely free. HandBrake is available for Windows 7 and 10, For Mac OS X 10.7 to 10.12, and Ubuntu as well.
How to Convert MKV to MP4 Using HandBrake
To make this happen you need to follow below steps:
- Download and Installl HandBrake from the below link.
- After successful installation, Open HandBrake.
- Click on Open Source from the top left corner.
- On next windows under Source selection select File.
- Now select the destinatin of file where you want to save it.
- Under Output Settings choose MP4 option from the drop down box.
- From the above menu select the Green logo which says Start Encode. Now, wait till process ends in the green bar.
After completing these steps, your converted MP4 file will be saved on the destination you choose.
Freemake is another MKV to MP4 converter. Converting MKV files with Freemake is very easy. Simply add the files you wanted to convert and select the type of conversion you want and press convert button.
Here are simple steps to convert your MKV file into MP4 using Freemake.
Using Freemake to Convert MKV to MP4
- Browse video file to add for conversion.
- Click on “to MP4” logo from the bottom.
- Click the Convert button and wait till the process is completed.
3. Free Video Converter By AiseeSoft
Aieesoft has such amazing list of free software and tools. Free video converter by AiseeSoft gives you a free access to convert your MKV file to MP4. Along with that you can convert 300+ video formats between MP4, M4V, WMV, MKV, MOV, AV and FLV, 3GP, FLV, MPG, TS, ASF, VOB, etc. You can convert videos you download from sites like Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc. This Video Converter is not only separated with video conversion. It also lets you convert audio files like MP3, AC3, AIFF, M4R, WAV, AAC, WMA, FLAC, MP2, M4A, AMR, AU, OGG, etc.
You can also try some paid software out there but trying free tools/software is a good practice if you are not converting files on daily basis. For that time you can use these mkv to mp4 converters.