- 1 This Copy Of Windows Is NOT Genuine
- 1.1 Why This Message Popups :-
- 1.2 What Will Happen After This Message Popups :-
- 1.3 The Following OS Will Get This Error:-
- 1.4 How To Fix This Error :-
- 1.5 Step 1:-
- 1.6 Step 2 :-
- 1.7 Step 3 :-
- 1.8 Have A Look What Microsoft Says About This Problem :-
This Copy Of Windows Is NOT Genuine
Many Windows user are facing problem of “This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine” and this can be solved easily. When you logged into your Windows message popup saying that copy of windows is not genuine.
This problem can be fixed easily by doing some steps we showed in this article.
Why This Message Popups :-
This message generally popups when your Windows license expires up or you aren’t using a valid key for activating your Windows OS. This is quite common with regard to Windows 7 and most of the users of this OS or even Windows OS would have come across this.
What Will Happen After This Message Popups :-
When this message kept coming up in your Windows OS then this following things might happens:-
- It will remove your wallpaper from desktop.
- Slow down your PC or performance gets decreased.
- Battery life gets decreased.
- It becomes frustrating because this message kept coming up.
The Following OS Will Get This Error:-
Windows XP,Windows Vista,Windows 7,Windows Build 7600,Windows Build 6002,Windows 8,Windows 10.
How To Fix This Error :-
First of all search for CMD and run as administrator.
Step 2 :-
Now command prompt will appear and then type “Slmgr -rearm” and hit enter.
This code will help you to fix this problem.
Step 3 :-
Now a message says “Restart The Computer” and you need to restart computer and then you will no longer have message saying “This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine”
Have A Look What Microsoft Says About This Problem :-
This can be caused by either of the following:
1. There is a lack of permissions in the registry key HKU\S-1-5-20. The Network Service account must have full control and read permissions over that registry key.
This situation may be the result of applying a Plug and Play Group Policy object (GPO).
Computer Configuration / Policies / Windows Settings /Security Settings / System Services / Plug and Play (Startup Mode: Automatic)
Because the Licensing service uses Plug and Play to obtain hardware ID information and binds the license to the computer, this setting can result in an activated system appearing to be out of tolerance. The default permissions of the Plug and Play policy do not grant the Licensing service the appropriate rights to access the Plug and Play service. The Licensing service runs under the Network Service account.
2. Missing registry keys. One of more of these registry keys may be missing:
This Error Can Be Simply Solved By Above Method.
If you are still getting error then try second method given below :-
1. Copy the below entry as is on a notepad and save the text file to Profilelist.reg
2. Merge profilelist.reg
3. Reboot the server and now try to activate , it should work fine.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
This registry method should work on all machine as this method is given officially by Microsoft help team. Now using these given methods you can fix your problem easily with no problem of This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine.
Also Read: Change IP address without Using any software