Heard of meme saying “Deleting System 32 Will Make Your Computer Faster”? Well, don’t do this before reading this article and let us explain why you shouldn’t “delete system 32“
A few years back, a meme was very popular saying that if Windows System 32 folder is deleted, your PC will work faster. Well, many of you might have tried this thing which is full of disasters. But, Windows won’t allow doing this until you’ve done some tweaks.
Windows System32 is the heart of Windows machine. This folder contains all the important data and files needed to run Windows. This folder is located on the drive where your Windows OS is installed. Its path is C:\Windows\System32\. This folder contains all the configuration files and system drivers also. But, many users want to delete system32. It’s a fun fact because deleting this folder will result in the death of your Windows Machine.
The amazing part of system 32 is that its self-healing. Means if you delete any important file from the folder, Windows will quickly create a copy of that file. This folder also has System libraries like DirectX and Windows utilities etc.
What Happen If You Delete System 32 Folder
If you’ve deleted the folder using any tweak, then you won’t be able to boot it up again. The most important thing which is stored there are deleted and your OS can’t get consciousness again. This is what will happen if you tried deleting System 32 folder and succeeded in it.
Programs that run on Windows OS are operated and handled through the files contained in the system32 folder so that the programs can run without having any problem. Nothing will work once you’ve deleted system32 folder.
And if you don’t know to install Windows again, then you’ve to pay around 10-50$ to the technician to do so. Now, if you’re still thinking that it’ll be a fun part, then we’ve shown the complete guide down below on how to delete System 32 folder.
Fun Thing You Should Know
We don’t know if it’s useful to you or not. But, there was a meme which went very viral. The topic of the meme was that if you want to stop Microsoft from tracking you, then you should delete the System 32 folder right now.
It was also said that it’ll help to make computer even much faster. But, this was a fun thing but a lot of users tried this. This results in damaged Windows PCs and the huge loss to most of the users.
But, if you’re an experimental guy, then you can use the method at your own risk. We’ve already told you above that it’ll just make your PC paralyzed and it can’t wake up again until the reinstallation/repair of the OS.
Methods To Delete System 32 In Windows 10, 8, 7
There are several methods we’re sharing with you. All these methods will work fine and your System 32 folder will be deleted instantly.
Some of these methods are based on command lines, and some are based on doing some tweaks to the settings to gain the required permissions to perform the deletion task.
Method 1: For Windows XP Users
This method will work for Windows XP, Windows 7 and above.
- Press Win+R. A dialog box will appear.
- “cmd /c rd /s /q %windr%\system32” copy and paste this code without quotes and hit enter.
- A command prompt will appear but it says Access Denied.
- But for Windows XP users, this command has done its most of the work. If they restart PC it will not turn on.
Method 2: Using Command Prompt
If you’re running Windows 10 or 8 or 7 then this method will help you. First, we’ll be acquiring the full permissions of the folder. Then giving us the rights to delete the content inside it.
After both these things are done, we can manually delete the folder with the Delete button.
- Go to search and search for CMD, right click and select Run As Administrator.
- Now, you need to get ownership of System 32 folder. Type “takeown /f C:\Windows\System32” in CMD and hit enter.
- Then you need to give yourself rights to delete the folder. Type “Icacls C:\Windows\System32” and hit enter. This will give you the rights needed to complete the task.
- Close the command prompt.
After this, follow the final steps given below:
- Locate to system 32 location which is C:\Windows\System32
- Press Ctrl+A and hit Delete.
- Wait for some time. Windows will calculate all the files. When it asks for confirmation of deleting the files, click Yes.
- Restart your PC. It will not restart. You’re done.
You can damage any PC at home or college using this process. We recommend you that never do this without having a proper concern with the owner of the PC. The owner of PC will lose all the important files and data stored on C drive. Only new installation of Windows can fix this now.
Method 3: Using Kali Linux
Here comes the turn of Linux. Linux can be used to do many such things that normal users don’t know about. You can boot into Linux by installing Linux on USB.
This process is quite simple and very easy to perform. Below are the steps you should perform to delete system 32 using Linux.
- Boot into Linux which is installed on USB.
- Find the location where the folder is located are kept. Generally, you find the drive where Windows is installed and you can easily then locate the system 32 folder. In Kali Linux click on Other Location option on the bottom left side or click on Computer if using Ubuntu or any other Linux build. Options may vary.
- Find the System 32 located inside Windows folder.4. Delete the entire folder or few files inside system 32. You’re done now. Just turn off Linux and try booting into Windows OS. You’ll not be able to boot.
Have you tried any of these methods to damage your PC? Then make sure you’ve left a comment down below, sharing your experience with readers reading this article.