While making a document we need to take care f the alignments or the text and the spacing between the paragraphs. There are many tricks publishers are using to keep their reader’s intentions towards the documents. A document should be well written and well designed so that it will be interesting to read the document. Indents are very important in the document. Indents define the spacing between the edges of the paper and the paragraph written. If we want to decrease or increase the gap between the paragraph and the corner of the page then we need to use indents settings for this purpose. Using Word, we can do this very easily. There are two ways using which we can perform this automatically. In fact, if we use the space key to increase the space between the edge of the paper and paragraph ten it will be very time consuming and long process. So, in this article, we’ll be showing you how to do hanging indents in Word document page.
There are two automatic ways to do hanging indents in Word. one is using the ruler which is considered to e the best way and another is using paragraph settings. The work of both the methods is same but steps and uses are different. Users who want to do hanging indents on whole page/document should use the ruler and those who just want to do this in few lines or few paragraphs should use the paragraphs settings.
We’ve shown both the methods down below in this article with pictures so that you can’t get confused during the process. You can create hanging indents n Word for the whole document or can create hanging indents in Word for cited pages.
How To Do Hanging Indents In Word Using Ruler
- Open a New Document in Word by pressing Ctrl+N or open your existing document.
- Now, click on the View Tab.
- Check the Ruler option which is available on the screen.
- Once you’ve enables the Ruler you’ll get the ruler on the screen.
- Drag the ruler according to your needs to create the hanging indents in Word.
This way, you can use a ruler in Word to do ganging indents. The process is very simple and setting will be applied to the whole document and hence no need to performs the steps again and again for every single page/paragraph.
Create Hanging Indents For A Paragraph/Page
- Open or create the document where you want to create hanging indents for a specific page.
- Now, select the paragraph on which you want to use the hanging indents.
- After selecting, Right-Click>Paragraphs.
- A dialogue box will appear, in the Indentation section, select Hanging from the Special Drop-Down Menu.
- Set the “By” value according to your needs e.g 0.5.
- Press OK and hanging indents will be inserted into the Document.
This way you can do hanging indents in Word for some paragraphs and pages. The process is very simple. Users can define how much space they want to use in hanging indents which are a very good thing as the user can use the custom values. Microsoft Word is a very flexible software to create documents. We can even make brochures in Word. Word can be even used to make flyers. You should really check out these articles to improve your skills in Word.
We now hope that you’re able to do hanging indents in Word. If you’re having problems then you should comment down below. We’ll reply yours soon with a working solution to your problem.