While creating a document, the spacing between the lines in the document is the very important thing. If the spacing is too close or too much then your paragraphs will not look good and the reading experience of the readers will decrease. In fact, sometimes we need very large spacing between the lines in the paragra[hs for various reasons. Maybe you want to write manually between the lines in the paragraphs after printing the page. In Word, users can set the line spacing easily. Users can even change the line spacing of some selected lines too. This is the very important feature as sometimes we just want to increase the spacing of few lines instead of all the lines in the document. In this article, we’ve shown the complete guide on how to double space in Microsoft Word. The process is same for all the versions.
Now, the fact of the process is that you can start writing the lines in Word document from starting giving 2 lines space or can change few lines spacing to double spacing. In fact, not only the double spacing but you can change the spacing according to your needs. In short, Microsoft has made is simple and flexible to control the spacing between the two lines. Custom lines space is available for both selective lines or the whole document. Microsoft Word is full of features and users do anything like creating brochures in Word, creating graphs and so on. Read the complete article below and know all about the spacing between the lines in MS Word document.
Double Space In Microsoft Word (Selected Lines)
In this method, we’ll be showing the process to double the spacing of few lines in the Word document. Means like if you have a page full of text, you can easily select few lines and can increase the spacing between them.
- Open the word document where you want to increase the lines space.
- Now, select the text by Left-Click>Drag over the lines.
- Then Right-Click>Paragraphs and a new dialogue will appear.
- Select Indents and Spacing tab and then click Line Spacing>Double.
- Click OK and now your spacing between the lines will increase to 2X. If you want 4X spacing, repeat the steps above and then again select Double spacing, click OK and the gap between lines will again increase up to 2X.
How To Double Space In Microsoft Word In All Lines
Consider that you have a document in which you’ve already written the content. Or you want to write the content but with double or triple spacing between the lines. So, instead of changing the lines spacing between few lines, you can increase or decrease it from all the lines in the document. Below are the steps:
- Open the document in MS Word.
- Now, click on the Page Layout tab and select Paragraph Settings.
- After this, you need to click on the Indents and Spacing tab.
- Under the lines spacing, select Double or any of the available option.
- Click OK, now the line spacing from whole the document will be changed and even if you’re writing the new paragraphs, the gap between the lines will be according to the option you’ve selected. This is the easiest way to double space in Microsoft word.
We hope that you now know the difference between the line spacing between few selected lines and whole the document.
Custom Lines Spacing In Microsoft Word
By custom lines spacing, we mean that you can arrange the space between the lines according to your needs. It might be more than the default available option or you might need to decrease the spacing in order to adjust more lines in a page. There are many possible reasons behind using the custom spacing. Microsoft word allows their users to do this in few clicks in Microsoft word. Using the paragraphs settings, we can change the size of space as per needs.
- Open the document in Word.
- Click anywhere on the starting paragraph.
- Now, click on the Page Layout tab and then click on Paragraph settings.
- After this, a new dialogue will appear, choose Indents and Spacing tab.
- Then leave the Before value to “0” and update the After value according to your needs.
- Click OK and you’ll see changes in the spacing between the paragraphs.
Using all the methods given above, you can adjust the space between the lines in Microsoft Word easily. We’ve tried to give you all the required information. If you’re still having the problem then comment down below and we’ll try to help you out in every possible way.