Mozilla Firefox is one of the best as it’s free, open source, and works on almost every platform. Almost every feature is available in Firefox and this means there’s no need to use other browsers like Chrome, Edge which are somehow generating profits by tracking what users are up to. But, it’s always the user’s choice what to use and what not to use. So, if you’re Firefox lover you probably knew its importance. Many facts make Firefox greater than Chrome. But it can’t be ignored that it has some features unavailable which are available in Chrome. One of the advantages using Firefox is that it saves user’s data in a separate folder. Data is saved according to profiles which are made in Firefox. It makes a backup of Firefox data easy. If you want to create a backup of bookmarks, settings etc. you should know Firefox bookmark location.
By this, we mean that you should know where all your settings, bookmarks, passwords etc data is saved. Then you can make data of some profiles or all the profiles and can reinstall Firefox without losing your bookmarks and data. There are two ways to open Firefox bookmark location.
In this article, we’ll show you where Firefox bookmarks stored on your PC. Many people don’t know where does Firefox store bookmarks. Read this whole article and know the answer to these questions.
Tip: If you want to know where all the user data is saved, below is the answer for that. You can even create full profile data backup if you’ve decided to reinstall Firefox but want to find bookmarks file. You can make the full backup of the profile if needed.
Bookmarks of Firefox is saved in an .JSON file. Users can replace this file with any user profile data and those bookmarks will appear which are available in that .JSON file. Follow the steps given below and open Firefox bookmark location to get your bookmarks file.
Open Firefox Bookmark Location
There are two ways to open your bookmark data location saved by Firefox. The default folder where Firefox data is saved is C drive where OS is installed. But, maybe your profile data is being saved in another location. It might happen if you’ve set your own desired location to save the Firefox data while creating a new profile in Firefox.
If you’ve forgotten the location which you’ve selected during setting up a new profile in Firefox, there’s no need to worry. You can find it easily by using the Firefox troubleshooting page. Also, there’s no need to open Firefox if you haven’t selected any custom location to save your profile data. It can be found under Users folder in Windows. Follow the steps given below.
Using Firefox To Find Firefox Bookmark Location
We’ve listed above that Firefox is helpful to know your profile data folder if you’ve selected custom folder and forgotten where it is located in your OS. But, you’ll have to open FIrefox browser to do this.
1. Open Firefox and select then click on Options button and select the Help Menu button.
2. Select Troubleshooting Information and a new page will appear.
3.Look for Profile Folder column and click on Open Folder.
4. A new folder will pop up which is the folder where all your profile data is saved. Now, open bookmarkbackups to open bookmark location.
5. You’ll get an .JSON file which is your bookmark file. Copy it or do whatever you want to do with this file.
- Open Firefox and in URL bar type about:profiles and hit enter.
- A list will appear with all the profiles which are available in Firefox.
- Scroll and find the Profile whose bookmark location you want to access.
- Now, open the Root Directory folder. Then open bookmarkbackups folder to find bookmark file.
With these steps, you can find and access all the profile data and can find their bookmark location. But, in these steps, you’ll have to open Firefox browser. If you want to do this without opening Firefox then below is the method for you.
Find Bookmarks Location Without Opening Firefox
To do this, you’ll have to show hidden files/folders in Windows because AppData folder is hidden in Windows by default. Then you can proceed to the steps given below.
- Browse to the location C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.
- Then you’ll get a list of all the profiles which are created in Firefox. Open your profile folder.
- Open bookmarkbackups folder and get your bookmark file.
Using these methods you can easily access the Firefox’s bookmark folder. If you’re still confused or have some queries, feel free to comment down below and we’ll help you. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter.