DLL files are known as dynamic link library. These files are used to hold multiple codes and procedures in Windows. Hence, .dll files are very important to run any program. If you’re running any program in Windows, there are many systems .dll files or program’s .dll files running in the background. If these .dll files aren’t available on your computer, you’ll get an error saying that .dll is missing from your computer. It’s hard to find why that .dll file is deleted or removed from your system. Most of the antivirus programs delete’s the programs .dll files because they find some suspicious things in that .dll file. Similarly, many users are getting an error saying api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll is missing. A Window pop ups with this error when you’re trying to launch any program in Windows. We too have encountered this problem while running Photoshop and MS Office.
We were trying to open Photoshop for some editing work and we encountered this unknown problem of .dll file missing from your computer. Then we tried to open MS Office and the same error occurs. Many users get this error while playing games etc. too because it’s the Windows in-built .dll file which is missing. This file can be retrieved back by installing the update for C Runtime in Windows from Microsoft.
It’s very easy to do this and most of the times this problem is solved by this fix. Also, you can even download this .dll file from any source and put it back to the location from where it’s missing. We’ll be showing you all the possible fixes for this problem. If you’re getting errors like given below then you’re at right plav\ce. Just follow the steps given below and you’ll solve your problem on your own.
- The program can’t run because api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll is Missing from your computer.
- api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll can’t be started because it’s damaged or corrupted.
- api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll is not designed for the current version of Windows you’re using. Consider upgrading it.
If you’ve received the errors like this or similar error related to api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll file then try all the methods we’ve shown in this article.
api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll is Missing Fixes
There are several fixes for this .dll file missing error. The majority of this problem is due to faulty programs or your system is attacked by a virus. Most of the times, users replaced the file in system folder in Windows and their problem is fixed. In fact, there’s update package that Microsoft provides for free which will automatically solve your problem.
By Installing C Runtime in Windows
The missing .dll files in Windows are updated with Windows update. This update package is available for almost all Windows OS versions. It can be download from the official website of Microsoft.
- Visit C Runtime Update Package Page from here.
- Download the package for your version of Windows.
- To know which service pack you should download, Right-Click on My Computer and select Properties.
- Look for the service pack and system type listed there.
- Select the package from the download page which is made for you and download it.
- Now, open the update package and install the package on your system.
- Wait till the package is successfully installed on your system.
- Open the program where you were getting the error. We hope you’ll no longer get api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll missing error.
If you’re still getting the error this means you need to fix this manually. There are many other ways to fix this problem. But, firstly we’ll show you how to fix this using DLL File Client. There are many websites providing .dll files and DLL Clients. These clients can search for all the DLL files missing on your computer. You can run those clients and your problem might be solved.
Using DLL File Client
You should use DLL file client if the method given above doesn’t fix your problem. We’ll show you an awesome DLL file client which can fix your problem easily. This is known as DLL-FILES.COM Client. YOu can search for this client. However, this isn’t completely free client but they are offering a free demo of the tool. So, there’s still hope to fix your api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll missing problem for free.
- Download and install the DLL-FILES.COM client.
- Now, search for api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll and select the appropriate search result.
- Click on Install and it’ll now download and install that DLL file on the exact location.
- Wait till the download and install are complete.
- Close the client and open the program/game where you were getting the error. Your problem should be fixed by this method now.
Are you still in trouble with this error! Don’t worry, we’ve another solution for you. But, in this solution, you need to find the location from where this DLL file is missing. Below is the method you should try. Most of the time, users download any game and it contains some .dll files which are removed by antivirus programs. If you’re trying to launch a game and this error occurs then it might possible that pasting the same .dll file in your game’s parent folder or installed location will fix your problem of api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll is missing.
Replacing Same DLL File
First of all, you need to download the same DLL file from any source. The Client we’ve listed above also provides DLL files for free. you can visit their website or any other website and search for api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll.
- Download DLL file of your system type and extract it if it’s in the zip file.
- Now, paste the file in parent location of your game’s folder or installation location of the program. In fact, you can paste the DLL file in System folder in Windows.
- Now, after you’ve pasted the DLL file in these locations given above, try launching the Game/Program. It should run properly.
Once your problem is solved and program/game is running properly, make sure you’ve removed the api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll from unnecessary locations. If you’re still in a problem, comment down below and we’ll try to help you out.