Google chrome is the best choice to many people while browsing the internet on Desktop. It provides us rich and easy to use interface that people feel familiar while using Google Chrome. However, if your google chrome encountered with error code: ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR then you might find yourself in a big trouble. This error can encounter at any time for some users while surfing the internet.
There might be many reasons that you’re encountered with this problem. We’ll be showing you the best fixes for this problem with google chrome.
SPDY which can be pronounced as (Speedy) is developed by Google for Google Chrome to reduce the page load speed and increasing the web security. Now, Google has closed this feature officially in Google Chrome 51 or above. SPDY actually modify the HTTP request for the websites who don’t have SSL on them. This error might encounter mostly on HTTPS websites because SPDY needs the TLS extension Next Protocol Negotiation. You can learn all about SPDY here.
How To Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
There might be many reasons behind this problem and each reason has its own fix. As we have mentioned above that Google has discontinued this SPDY protocol in Chrome 51 and above. So, if you’re using Chrome 51 or above then read 2nd method to fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR.
Method 1: Check Version Of Google Chrome and Update To Latest Build
To check your google chrome version follow the steps given below:
- Click on options and then Help>About. Or simply paste this in URL bar “chrome://help/”.
- Check whether your chrome is above Version 51 or not. If you are below 51 version, update your Google Chrome.Now, try opening the same website where you was receiving the ERR_SPDY error. Updating google chrome might fix your problem but it it still exists then follow the methods given below.
Method 2: Flush Sockets Of Google Chrome
Sockets are basically used to send and receive the data between two clients. In google chrome, you can flush the sockets to fix err_spdy_protocol_error. This feature was designed by Microsoft for data and network engineers to track the data that is being sent or receiving.
- Open google chrome browser and copy paste this in URL bar “chrome://net-internals/#events&q=type:SPDY_SESSION%20is:active” and hit enter.
- On the right side, click on the drop-down arrow and select “Flush Sockets“.
- Now, copy and paste this in URL bar “chrome://net-internals/#sockets“. Using this URL you’ll be redirected to the page where you can flush the socket pools easily.4. Restart the Google Chrome and try visiting the page where you were receiving the error.
Doing this might fix your problem. Flushing socket is one of the best ways to solve the error of ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR.
However, there might be any problem in your Windows DNS files. You can also flush Windows DNS server files to fix this problem. There are few CMD commands to fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR.
Method 3: Use CMD To Fix fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
CMD can be used to flush DNS files to fix your problem Below are the steps which can be used to do this:
- First of all launch CMD with administrative privileges. Search for CMD then Right Click and select Run as Administrator.
- Copy and paste commands given below one by one.
1st. ipconfig /release 2nd. ipconfig /all 3rd. ipconfig /flushdns 4th. ipconfig /renew
You’re done now. Make sure you’ve executed these commands one after another. Try again visiting the website where you were receiving the error. It should definitely work for you. Also, restart your PC and then try again.
Also, reinstall google chrome if you’re no able to solve this problem. Try visiting the same website by any other browser to check whether it’s Chrome’s error or system error.
Method 4: Update Settings Of Antivirus/Firewall/Run Cleanup Tool
Disable all your firewall and disable antivirus protection for some time. Now run the Website. If you’re able to visit the website you should disable HTTPS scanning or Web scanning before enabling antivirus again.
Also, you should run Chore Cleanup Tool which is officially provided by google. Download Google Chrome Cleanup Tool.
These are all steps which are useful to this problem. If you’re still getting this error then install the latest build of google chrome. It will surely help you.