Android OS is installed on billions of devices worldwide. With the increase in the number of Android mobile users, Google is introducing new features to its Android OS. In recent years, there are many major updates given to Android OS. From Android 5.0 to Android 7.0, everything is getting better.Most recent updated OS is Nougat and Google will soon introduce Oreo for most of the Android devices. But, when it comes to Nougat, not all people are loving it. They’re considering using Marshmallow e.g Android 6.0. If we talk about the differences between Nougat and marshmallow, there is no major difference in the user interface but few more features are added to Nougat. Because of the fact that Nougat isn’t that much stable in all the devices because it’s latest and it takes time for manufacturers to make an Android OS stable for their devices. So, if you also want to downgrade from Android 7.0 to Android 6.0, then we’ve shown the complete guide on how to downgrade from Nougat to marshmallow.
Many users install custom ROMs on their device because many 3rd-party developers add more features to ROMs which can be installed on many or specific Android device. If you’re one of them and want to enjoy the experience of Android 6.0 then you probably need to downgrade your device. Not only downgrading but the process is same if you want to upgrade from Android 5.0 to Android 6.0. Just make sure that ROM you’re installing is compatible with your device. There are many best sites to download ROMs for your Android device. if you’ve downloaded the ROM from an untrusted source, it might result in poor performance of your device. Also, that file might include some adware which causes ads on Android home screen and many bad things might happen with your device. So, make sure your ROM is downloaded from a trusted source and is compatible with your Android device.
Most of the mobile manufacturers also provide official ROM downloads so there’s nothing to worry about. if your Android manufacturer has ever developed Android 6.0 for your mobile device, then you can install it without having any problem. The OS will be stable and works well in case it’s official. However, ROM developed by 3rd-party developers might be buggy and unstable in some cases. Well, below are the detailed procedure on how to downgrade from Nougat to Marshmallow with ease.
Steps To Downgrade From Nougat To Marshmallow (All Devices)
We’ve shown the complete guide here for all the devices which are popular e.g major Android manufacturers. Steps are really very easy and we’ve shown step by step guide down below. There’s only one drawback that you need to download a lot of things in order to downgrade your Android to 6.0. e.g ROM, tools, gaps and much more. So, make sure you’ve enough data to download all the required things.
Downgrade Google Nexus Devices From Android 7.0 to 6.0
If you’re Nexus user, Google has made the process for you to downgrade or upgrade your device. They provide official downloads for all the Nexus devices for the firmware ever designed for any particular device. Follow the steps given below (We’ve used Windows Computer) :
- First, download Android SDK Tools from Google’s official website.
- Once the tool is downloaded, install it on your system.
- After the tools are installed on your device, open it and then you need to install Android -SDK Tools and Google USB Driver. So, uncheck everything expects these two packages.
- Now, download the official Nexus ROM by visiting here. It’s official page from where the user can download the ROMs for their Nexus devices.
- After the download is finished, unzip the archive and copy it to a safe place.
- Then, open your device’s settings and enable USB debugging.
- Connect your device to your PC using the data cable.
- Open the folder where you’ve copied the ROM files.
- Press Shift+Right-Click>Open Command Window Here.
- Inside the command prompt, type “adb reboot bootloader” and hit enter. This will reboot your device into the bootloader.
- Once your Google Nexus device is successfully rebooted into bootloader mode, inside the command prompt terminal, type “fastboot oem unlock” and hit enter. This will erase everything from the device.
- At last, types “flash-all” and hit enter. Your ROM will be then installed on your device.
- After the installation is complete, reboot your device. You’ve successfully downgraded your Google Nexus device from Android 7.0 to Android 6.0.
This way, you downgrade Google Nexus device from Android 7.0 to 6.0. It’s very easy with official ROMs download provided by Google itself. It’s the official way to downgrade from Nougat to Marshmallow in Google Nexus devices.
Steps To Downgrade Samsung From Nougat To Marshmallow
Samsung devices are very popular worldwide. If you’re Samsung device user, then you need to use Odin tool in order to flash anew firmware into your device. Odin firmware makes installation of new firmware very easy but as usual, you should be careful while using the tool otherwise, it might brick your device. If Android 6.0 is available for your device, it’ll be very easy then to downgrade Samsung from Nougat to Marshmallow. But, if you’re installing 3rd-party ROM then you should be aware of the fact that the ROM you’re trying to install might not be stable. Below are the steps you can follow to flash ROM into your Samsung device to downgrade from 7.0 to 6.0.
- Download the Odin tool from this link: “http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/PmYQBccy/file.html”
- Then download ROM for your device from this website: “https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/“
- Once you’ve downloaded ROM and Odin tool, unzip the Odin tool and run Odin****.exe.
- Enable OEM on your Android device, Open Settings>Developers Option>Enable OEM. (If developers options aren’t available, Settings>About Phone and tap on Build Number seven times).
- Turn off your Samsung device.
- Press Power Button+Volume Up and Volume Down together.
- The warning screen will appear, press Volume Up button again. You’re now in Download mode.
- Connect your Samsung device to your computer device, Odin should be running while you connect your Samsung device to the computer.
- Odin will now detect your device and it’ll say Added, now Android 7.0 to Android 6.0 downgrading on Samsung device can go further.
- Extract the downloaded firmware if it’s in .zip format. We need .tar file. If the downloaded firmware is already in .tar format, ignore this step.
- After this, click on AP tab and browse the downloaded firmware.tar file.
- Click on Start button to start flashing procedure.
- Wait till the flashing is done, it’ll take some time.
- Once the flashing is done, your device will reboot. You’ve successfully downgraded your Samsung device from Nougat to Marshmallow.
We hope that these steps helped you to downgrade from Nougat to Marshmallow in Samsung devices. The tool we’ve shown makes it easier to downgrade or upgrade your Samsung device.
Method To Downgrade From 7.0 To 6.0 In Sony Xperia Devices
When it comes to Sony Xperia devices, it’s very easy to install the firmware too. There are two main tools called CperiFirm and FlashTool used for this purpose. We recommend using FlashTool for this purpose as it works best. FlashTool has all the features which are required for flashing your Xperia device from Android 7.0 to Android 6.0. Just make sure that you’ve all the drivers which are required to be installed on your device. Below are the detailed steps to downgrade Sony Xperia from Nougat to Marshmallow.
- First, download the Flash Tool from this page: “http://www.flashtool.net/downloads.php“
- Then download the required firmware from this page: “https://androidmtk.com/download-sony-xperia-stock-rom-models” all the official firmware are available here. Alternatively, you can use 3rd-party firmware if needed.
- Install the FlashTool on your system and make sure that while installing the tool, Fastboot Drivers and Flashmode Drivers are checked. Also, your device will be listed and you need to check it in order to install its specific drivers too.
- Once the tool is installed on your system, navigate to C:\FlashTool\Firmwares and paste the firmware you’ve downloaded. It should be in .ftf format.
- Turn off your Sony device and press VolumeUp key and connect it to your computer device using the data cable.
- Inside the tool, click on the Flash icon.
- Choose Flashmode from the popup.
- You’ll get all the firmware you’ve added to the firmware folder.
- Click on your device’s firmware and if you want to wipe user data from the device, check the user data checkbox from the wipe selection menu.
- Now, click on Flash and flashing will start, a new dialogue box will appear and it’ll guide you to connect your device properly if not already connected. e.g Press Volume Up key and connect your mobile to PC using the data cable.
- Flashing will start and your Sony Xperia will downgrade from 7.0 to 6.0 within few minutes.
- Make sure you haven’t removed the data cable until the flash is complete. The phone will restart once the flash is complete.
Downgrade Motorola From Nougat To Marshmallow
Motorola is one of the best Android mobile devices maker. If you own a Motorola device, then it’s easier to downgrade or upgrade your device using a tool called RSD Lite. This tool is used to flash firmware into Motorola devices with ease. All you need is your Motorola Device, A Datacable, RSDLite, and Android 6.0 Firmware. Follow the steps given below to downgrade from Nougat to Marshmallow in Motorola devices:
- First, download the Android 6.0 firmware for your Motorola device from this page: “https://firmware.center/firmware/Motorola/“
- Then, download RSDLite tool: “rsdlite.com/rsd-lite-download/“
- Once both firmware and tool are downloaded, extract the firmware archive. There should be a .xml file inside the archive.
- Install and launch the tool, click on browse icon and browse the .xml file.
- Turn off your Motorola device, Press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button at the same time.
- Select AP fastboot mode.
- Connect your device to your PC using the data cable.
- Press Start in the RSDLite tool and wait till the flashing is finished.
- Your Motorola device will reboot once it’s downgraded from Nougat to Marshmallow.
These are the detailed methods you can use to downgrade from Nougat to Marshmallow. Steps are very easy and quick. If you’ve some queries regarding this article then leave a comment down below. We’ll reach you as soon as possible.