Skyrim game is indeed the best successor in “The Elder Scrolls” game series. Skyrim is the fifth edition of this game series. Millions of copies were sold within few months after this game was launched. Because of the popularity of the game, hundreds of mods for this game was introduced which enhance the gameplay. Becuase of the Skyrim mods, abilities of the player increases but most players don’t know the process to install Skyrim Mods. If you’re the die-hard fan of Skyrim then it’s obvious that you want to try some crazy mods to enhance the gameplay. You should also check out games like Skyrim if you want some similar gameplay. In this article, we’ll guide you through the step by step procedure on how to install Skyrim Mods.
It’s been never easier to install a game mod for some games and if the gamer is a newbie or have never tried installing game mods, then the situation becomes more worst. So, don’t worry about that and keep calm. Just follow the steps we’ve shown in details.
You won’t get confused after reading out these steps. Installation of mods will become easier and not only Skyrim but all other games can be modded using the same procedure. Hence, in future, there’s no need to follow other methods to install the mods. The amazing part is that it’s totally free. However, you can get some paid subscription according to your needs.
But, gamers who love free stuff won’t get disappointed. Make sure you’ve active internet connection. Then read and follow the procedure as shown below.
Note: This method only works on Windows OS
Detailed Guide To Install Skyrim Mods On Windows PC
For this tutorial, we’ll be using NexusMods tool which is an amazing and free tool to manage all your mods. Users can simply manage and apply all the mods to their games using this tool. It’s freemium and obviously totally free to just install mods.
- Visit the official website of NexusMods and create an account.
- Use this URL for registration: https://www.nexusmods.com/signup
- Scroll down a little bit and click on Register Now.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Create Account.
- Fill the required information asked by them and confirm your registration.
- Once the account registration process is complete, download the mod manager from this URL: https://www.nexusmods.com/mods/modmanager/ available for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and XP as well.
These are the very initial steps players need to follow. After completing these steps, it’s time to install the Skyrim mods.
The mod manager you’ve just installed is capable of modding many games including Skyrim. There’s no need to mess up with the game or system files as this manager can do this on its own. You should have the internet connection which is indeed recommended as further mods will be downloaded.
Players who don’t want to download the mods using the mod manager can also use their downloaded mod. But it should be compatible with the mod manager offered by MexusMods.
But, we’re pretty much sure that NexusMods manager offers a large variety of mods you need. Below are some more steps you need to walk through to enjoy the Skyrim mods.
- Open the tool you’ve just installed.
- All the games you’ve installed will be detected automatically by the manager.
- Once your green check mark is shown under the Skyrim game click Stop Search (bottom-right of the screen)
- Then click on the green check-mark.
- Choose Skyrim and click OK.
- Now, it’ll ask you the directory where you want to install the Skyrim mods. Leave it default.
- Log in to your account which you’ve created previously.
- All the mods available for Skyrim will be listed there.
- Select the desired one and Click the Add button.
- On the next screen, you’ll get prompt to install the mod you’re trying.
- Click on Install button and wait till it’s installed.
Enjoy your Skyrim game with additional features added to it.
After following all these steps, we hope that you got the answer for “how to install Skyrim mods”. We’ve given you the simplest procedure and have described here in details. But, it’s sure that you might end up with some error. So, leave a comment down below and let us know about that.