After Facebook and Instagram, Twitter is one of the popular social media platforms that everyone has. Twitter is also known as a Standard social media. This platform gives you a way better updates in term of tweets on the news and variety of info which are tweeted by people you follow or by your friends. But sometimes some of your friends unusual updates can frustrate you. Such cases brings you to block them and now you want to unblock them. Also there can be such case when you are not much familiar with Twitter and accidentally blocked someone there so you want to unblock them on twitter.
Here are the steps which you need to follow to Unblock someone on twitter:
- First Login to your Twitter account in which you are looking forward to Unblock someone. Use this link to login, to login and just put your credentials(Username and password) in the desired box.
- Now, after successful login, you will be on your homepage of twitter where all the tweets appear of whom you follow. From here you need to find out the profile of that person you want to unblock.
- To find the profile of that person you want, use these two methods.
- By Searching on Twitter Search Bar:In order to find out the profile of a person using Twitter search bar, you need the username of that person, So simply put the username on the search bar of Twitter, with or without the @ symbol. When the search takes place and give you the result, you will see tweeted activities of people where they have mentioned the username of that person, from where you can click the username which redirect you to the profile page of that person.
- Using Direct URL: Another method can be by using the profile URL. You simply need to go to your URL bar of browser and paste this url format there, https://twitter.com/Username. Now, remember to replace the word Username from the given URL by the actual username of that person and hit enter. This will send you directly to the profile of that person. Both of these methods need the username and we hope you have that, Or if you are familiar with that person and in contact to him through another platform or in person then you can simply ask him for the his username.
4. We are almost done with the process to unblock someone on twitter. So now we are the profile page of that blocked person . And this is the last step to unblock twitter profile of that person.
Now you need to look for the Blocked button on that profile page, you will find out this button on the second header of profile on the right side.When you hover over the button it will alternate the Blocked button by Unblock button. Simply click the Unblock button and you are done!.
The Twitter Profile is successfully unblocked and now you can see the tweets of that person on your feed.
If you really had blocked this time someone by mistake so that you have look for unblock them from twitter then you might need to block someone in future and for that time you will search for how to block someone on Twitter.
Here is an explanation that how to do it.
How to Block Someone on Twitter
- Login to your twitter account by going to the twitter login page.
- When you are logged into your account you need to find out the profile of that person you want to block. If that person is following you then simply check your follower list to find out that person and enter his profile. If he is not in your following or follower list then search on twitter search bar using his twitter username with or without @ symbol.
- On the profile page of that person look for the three vertical dots beside the follow or following button.
- Click that three vertical dots button and it will drop down the list of options, under which you will see the option for block @ username.In this the word username will be the actual username of that profile page owner. So click that option from drop down menu.
- It will ask you for confirmation where you will see two buttons, click on Block. And you are done.
Note: We have taken the Twitter account itself on Twitter as an example, which is really not considered to do. You should only use the name of that person you want to block. Also, if you are again unable to find out the profile page of that user then you can simply use the above-described method listed on the topic How to unblock someone on twitter.
We have covered both topics to block or unblock someone on Twitter by looking forward to the future needs on such cases.