Chrome browser is one of the most popular web browsers. It’s because Chrome gives best browsing experience. One of the biggest thing about Google Chrome is that it’s simple and fast browser. Also, in Chrome, users can download and use extensions and other things which increase the usability of this browser. Google has made Chrome very stable, fast, and reliable. Due to this, Chrome has a market share of around 59%(2017) which is very huge. If you’re Chrome lover then you should probably make chrome default browser. If you’re using Chrome as default web browser, all your links, HTML files, and another web related stuff will be opened through Chrome. We can set default apps in Windows and MAC OS. Hence if you want to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10 or MAC, we’ve steps given below.
Also, in Windows 8.1 and low, default apps can be modified. So, set chrome your default browser and browse fastly with it if you’re Chrome lover. However, many users say that Chrome is RAM sucker which was true some decades back. But, in newer versions, Chrome developers have made the RAM management much better in Chrome. What do you think about Chrome’s memory management? Comment down below and share your thoughts with us.
In Android and iOS, it’s also possible to make Chrome your default browser. So, there’s no need to select from which browser you want to open the link. When you’ll set Chrome the default browser, links will automatically open with Chrome.
Now, let’s make Chrome default browser in Windows 10 and below. Also, read the steps to make chrome default browser in MAC. The process is very simple and there are no advanced tweaks for this. But, make sure that you’re on an Administrator account or have administrator account access. Otherwise, you might not be able to make Chrome your default browser.
Make Chrome Default Browser In Windows 10
In Windows 10, we need to open the settings and from there it’s possible to set your default apps.
- Click on Start Menu and select Settings option and choose System.
- Click Default Apps or Apps>Default Apps.
- In the bottom of the screen, you’ll see web browser option.
- Click on Choose an App and select Google Chrome.
You’ve successfully set chrome as the default browser in Windows 10. In Windows 8.1 and older builds of Windows, the process is different. If you’re not Windows 10 user, below are the steps for you.
Set Chrome As Default Browser In Windows 8.1, 8, 7
In Windows 8.1 and below, we need to do this using Control panel.
- Press Win+R and type control panel, hit enter.
- Control Panel will appear, click on Default Programs to choose your default programs.
- Then click Set Your Default Programs. Now, it’ll take some time as Windows is calculating all the programs currently available.
- Once the process is complete, select the Google Chrome from the menu and click Set This Program As Default.
Set Chrome Default Browser In MAC
In MAC, this can be done through Google Chrome. There’s no need to open settings. Just set Chrome to default browser from the settings menu in Chrome on MAC.
- Click on three option menu dots on the top right side of the screen.
- Then select Settings. Toggle the settings menu and select Default Browser.
- Choose Make Google Chrome The Default Browser.
- Open Safari web browser on your MAC.
- Then select option Safari>Prefferences.
- Now, in the General tab, you’ll see an option for Default Browser.
- Select the option and then choose Google Chrome from the list.
It’s done, now Chrome is the default browser on your MAC.
Set Chrome The Default Browser In Android
In order to change the default browser in Android, you need to open settings. In settings if you change the Defaults of an app, next time you’ll open any link, you can choose the default browser to pent that link.
- Open your Settings app in Android.
- Choose Apps and then select the browser which is currently set to default.
- Scroll down and clear app defaults.
Now, next time when you’ll try to open a link, you’ll be prompted to choose the default app for which you would like to open the links. Choose Google Chrome and you’ve successfully set Chrome to default web browser in Android
- Open device Settings.
- Under Device click on Apps and on top Right Side, click on Settings.
- In default, tap Browser App and select Google Chrome.
Set Chrome Default browser in iOS
In iOS, you can’t set any default browser. This can only be done if you’ve jail broken your iPhone. If you don’t want to jailbreak your iPhone, just add Chrome to your Dock to access it quickly. But, if your iPhone is jailbroken, you can set chrome default browser in iOS.
1. Open the Cydia app and search for the tweak known as Open In Chrome.
2.Select the result and tap Install on the top right.
Confirm by tapping on the top right of the screen and wait till the download and installs are complete.
Also: Block Websites On Chrome
Restart your device and next time any link will open through Chrome. Because it’s the default browser in Chrome now.
We hope you’ve successfully make Chrome default browser on your device. If you’re still having any problems with the process given above. comment down below and we’ll try to help you out