Columns are the best way to arrange your some information in a unique way. Like if you’re displaying information like address, or contact information then it’s best to display in the columns. Even some users want to print the Word document and they need to information printed to be displayed in a good looking way. In fact, sometimes the all the paragraphs needed to be printed vertically on a single side of the page. This is similar to the creating a brochure in Word but here we just need to arrange the things in columns. In WOrd, users can create 2-3 columns on a single page. But, this number can be increased to any number. Microsoft Word is a flexible software to create the documents. Generally, it’s recommended to create only 3 columns per page to display the content properly. But, users can create columns in MS Word according to their needs. In this article, we’ll be showing you how to make columns in Word document.
In Microsoft Word, users have the choice to create their custom columns or they can choose the columns design from thousands of online templates. Those templates are designed for various categories like News, business and so on. You can choose any of those templates and then just edit them according to your needs and your work is done. But, those who need the custom design like custom number of columns, design etc, should create the custom designed columns. We’ve shown the steps for both the needs in this article.
Even if you’ve prewritten text in Word document and then later decided to arrange that information in columns. Then it can be done easily, Word is very easy to use and flexibility of this document maker is the best thing.
How To Make Columns In Word Document [For Prewritten Text/Information]
First of all, let’s learn how you can arrange the text or the information which is already written inside the word document.
- Press the Left Click and hold it, now drag it over the information which needs to be arranged in columns in Word document.
- Now, click on the Page Layout tab.
- Choose Columns option and then choose 2 or three columns option.
- Once you’ve chosen any of the columns number options, your selected information will be arranged in the number of columns selected.
- Rearranged the information inside the columns as per needs.
- Press Ctrl+S to save the document.
Make Custom Designed Columns In Word Document
Not all users want simple columns in the word. They need to put some pictures, design or a crunch inside every single column. For this they need to create the custom design for the columns and thins can only be possible if they start building the columns in Word from scratch.
The number of columns can be increased from three which is a cool thing. Follow the steps given below.
- First of all, create a new document in Word.
- Now, we’ll be selecting the number of columns to be displayed. e.g more than 3 columns, as there’s graphics option to quickly set three columns in a Word page.
- Click on Page Layout tab in the toolbar menu.
- Click on Columns>More Columns.
- Now, a dialogue box will appear, enter the number of columns to be displayed.
- Click OK and the dialogue box will appear, now it’s tricky to fill all the columns. You first need to fill the first section of the columns, only then you’ll be able to enter information in the second column. [Keep pressing Space key and you’ll be taken to the second column]
- Press Ctrl+O and browse your pictures which are needed to be inserted in the document. You can also read the list of Microsoft Word Shortcuts.
- After designing the columns according to your needs, press Ctrl+S to save it.
Make Columns In Word From Online Templates
Creating custom designed columns in Word seems to be very time consuming and not all user have much time as they are in hurry. So, the solution for this problem is using some of the online columns templates. Microsoft has thousands of templates which are provided for free to MS Word users. Users can simply search for the template according to their needs. If the template is available then just download it, edit the text and images on it according to your needs and everything is done. Below are the steps you should follow to make columns in Word from online Word templates.
- Open the Microsoft Word software.
- Click on File>New and then in the search box, type columns and click the Search icon.
- Make sure your internet connection is active otherwise you won’t get any search result. Now, after few moments, there will be a number of templates available shown on your screen. Choose the category from the right side of the screen and select the template you want to use.
- Now, click on Create button to download the template.
- Wait till the download is complete.
- Once the download is complete, a page will automatically appear with the column template which you’ve downloaded previously.
- Edit the text and pictures inside the columns as per needs.
- Save the document by pressing Ctrl+S.
We now hope that you’re able to make your columns in Word. We’ve tried to give you every information to make columns in Word document. If you’re having some problem or have some queries, then comment down below.