If you’re running an application built with Visual Studio, you probably need to have the MSVCR110.dll file in your system folder. This DLL (Dynamic Link Library) provides all the resources which are required by the programs build with Visual Studio 2011. We know that DLL files provide all the resources which are needed by a program to run successfully. Hence, if any DLL file is missing or corrupted in Windows OS, you might not be able to run the program properly. In fact, most of the times programs return an error saying MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. If you too have encountered this problem, there are many chances that you’re attacked by any virus. Or the DLL file is corrupted by any buggy program. There are many easy fixes to this problem we’ve shown below in this article.
MSVCR stands for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. Most of the programs are built using Visual Studio 2011 and all those programs required this DLL file to run properly. Maybe the DLL file is contained inside the project, or it requires the DLL file from the System 32 folder of your computer. You might be aware that System 32 is the hear of the WIndows and all the important files which are necessary for Windows to run are contained in this folder.
If you think that you’ve made several changes in System 32 folder or you were attacked by any virus, it’s possible then that these two reasons are the root of your problem. We’ll we’ve explained you the complete process to fix Msvcr110.dll file missing error in WIndows 10 or any other version of Windows.
Solved: Program Can’t Run because MSVCR110.dll Is Missing
This program generally occurs when you’ve installed any new application on your computer. The error might be displayed during the time of installation. Or at the time when you try to run the program after installing it. Users will get the error like:
Msvcr110.dll Not Found.
The Application Failed To Start Because MSVCR110.dll is missing.
Path Can’t Be Found C:\Windows\System32\msvcr110.dll
MSVCR Is Missing, Re-Install the application again.
These are the error message displayed mainly when MSVCR is Missing from your computer. You can fix this easily in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 or below. We’ve shown all the possible fixes to this problem.
Install Visual C++ Redistributable
As we’ve listed above that the applications which are built with Visual Studio 2011 require the Msvcr110.dll file to run. Microsoft provides the Visual C++ Redistributable package to download on its official website. Users can download and install the file from there and once the application is installed, it’ll replace the MSVCR110.dll file with the latest version.
Maybe the version required by the program doesn’t meet the version of MSVCR you’re currently having in your Windows OS. Hence, it’ll fix all your problems related to MSVCr110.dll file.
- To download the package, visit here.
- On the download page, select the language and click on Download.
- Now, select the 64 or 32-bit version of the .exe file and download it. (If you don’t know you’ve 32bit Windows or 64 bit Windows OS. Right>Click on My Computer Icon on Desktop and select Properties. You’ll get all the Windows related information on that page.)
- Once downloaded, install the program on your system.
- Run the program where you were getting the MSVCR110.dll is missing error.
This method worked for many users. Simply installing this package replaces all the MSVCR110.dll files on your computer including System 32 folder resulting in no MSVCR110.dll is missing error. But, if you still have this error, follow other methods given below.
Install The Program Again
In many cases, installing the program again files this problem. If you’ve encountered any problem during the installation of the program or maybe the program isn’t installed properly due to antivirus. Antivirus programs sometimes block the setup from accessing some features. This results in the unsuccessful installation of the program. So it’s wise to install the program again.
If you see the antivirus warning error during the installation. Then disable antivirus temporary during the time of installation. Also, make sure the installation isn’t interrupted.
But, before installing the program again, you need to uninstall it from the computer. Below are the steps to do that:
- Open Control Panel and find Programs option there.
- Click on Programs and a new Window will appear, from there, select the program you want to Uninstall and Right-Click>Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen guide to uninstall the program.
Now, you can install the program again on your computer.
We hope this fixed your problem. If still no success, there are other fixes below you should follow.
Run System File Checker Scan
You should perform SFC (System File Checker Scan) if methods given above didn’t fix your problem. Sometimes System files are damaged by the user himself or by virus attack. SFC scan is the tool in Windows OS which is capable of finding all the damaged, corrupted, or missing system files. This scan will find all those files and they will replace them.
In many articles, we’ve shown how SFC scan is capable of fixing your problem related to Windows OS. This tool is inbuilt and there’s no need to download it from the internet. You can access this too using CMD (Command Prompt). Below are the steps to perform system file checker scan in Windows OS.
- First, run CMD as administrator.
- Then CMD will appear, type the command given below and hit enter:
- Once the scan is complete, you’ll get details about the scan. You can check whether files are replaced or not.
- If files aren’t replaced then your System files are in healthy condition. You should check the log details to know that.
- Sometimes, the scan itself ran into problem. If you get Windows resource protection could not start the repair service error, you can also fix this easily.
Replace The MSVCR110.dll File Manually
This is one of the best fixes to solve MSVCR110.dll is missing error. Users can manually download the file from the internet and they can replace it manually in System folder location. Programs in most of the cases access the MSVCR110.dll file from Windows\System 32 folder. If you get the error like Can’t Found Location: C:\Windows\System 32\MSVCR110.dll then it means the program is trying to access the DLL file from the System 32 folder in Windows.
But, if you get the DLL file missing error from the location where the program is installed, then you’ll have to replace the DLL file there manually.
MSVCR110.dll file can be download from the internet easily. There are many websites providing DLL files for free. Follow the guide given below:
- Search for the MSVCR110.dll file on any search engine. Your query should be like “MSVCR110.dll download”
- Download the DLL file and now, paste it in the location: C:\Windows\System 32 and paste it there. (Administrator Privileges Required)
- Now, you should also replace the file in the location where your Program is installed.
- After replacing the files, you should no longer get MSVCR110.dll is missing error while running the program.
Check Your Recycle Bin
If the file is accidentally deleted by the user from the system folder or from the location where the program is installed then it should be in Recycle Bin. Every file deleted trashes to the recycle bin first. If you haven’t checked your Recycle Bin, we recommend you to do that. Maybe MSVCR110.dll file is there.
If you found your DLL file there, Righ-Click>Restore. This will automatically restore the file to the location from where it’s deleted.
We hope your MSVCR110.dll is missing error is gone now and you’re using your program without having any problem. But, still in trouble! Try out the last method which is restoring Windows to the previous version.
Restore Your Windows OS To Previous Versions
You should perform this step to fix your problem. When you made any big change in your OS, Windows automatically creates a restore point. This restore point works as way back machine and further can be used to revert all the major changes. This won’t delete your user files but will only revert the changes made. Hence, you should restore Windows and this will fix MSVCR110.dll missing error easily.
- Open Control Panel and select Recovery option.
- Click on Open System Restore.
- Wait till Windows discover all the available restore points.
- Follow the on-screen guide.
- Select the Recovery point to which you want to restore Windows OS. You can use the recommended restore point or custom restore point.
- Your Computer will restart to finish the restore.
We hope you’ll now able to run the program without encountering MSVCR110.dll is missing error. If you’re still in trouble, comment down below and we’ll try to help you.