Routers are really helpful to create a personal WiFi hotspot. We can connect multiple WiFi supported devices to one WiFi router. Netgear routers are very famous worldwide. It’s because of their performance. Latest Netgear WiFi routers are designed in very unique and different way. As we all know that router has their own Administrator panel which can be accessed using a Web Browser. But, to open the Administrator Panel, you need to know about the login username and password. If you don’t know the login details or forgot the details you can’t access the admin panel which is used to reset the WiFi password, WiFi name, and many other several changes related to the router. If you too have forgotten the password of Netgear admin login panel, then we have the list of Netgear default password. But, there are several things you need to know about.
Most of the times we don’t remember the admin panel password after changing it. It’s because it’s not used most of the times. We change the login details and then we only remember the WiFi password. Because there’s no reason behind accessing router admin panel daily. but, to change the WiFi name or password again you need to enter into admin panel which requires username and password which you’ve forgotten.
So, the solution to this is that you need to reset your router first.
Find a reset button on the router. Look for it as there’s no fixed location of this button. Look at edges or tiny holes, you can read the instructions which are provided along with the router.
- Press that button for about 5-10 settings till router starts blinking or all notifications on the router glow up. (Make Sure Router Is On When You Press The Reset Button)
- Now, connect your device like Computer or Mobile with the router using WPS button or the default password. (Note: Every router has their different password. You should look at the router’s box which is given at the time of purchase or look for password on the body of the router)
- Once you’re connected to the router, open a browser and type http://routerlogin.net in the address bar and press Go.
- A login window will now appear. You need to use the Netgear default password now.
At the time of resetting your router, all the settings, the configuration including admin panel username and password are changed. You can now know your WiFi password too if you log into WiFi using WPS. So, you can use the default Netgear password. All routers have the same admin panel login username and password. It might vary according to models. We’ve listed below all the username and password for Netgear routers.
|NetGear Model||Default Username||Default Password||Login URL|
|Most Of The Models||admin||password||http://routerlogin.net|
|Some Old Models||admin||1234||http://routerlogin.net|
|NETGEAR Fully Managed Switches||admin||(Blank-No Password Should Be Entered)||http://routerlogin.net|
Now, once you’re logged into the admin panel, you should quickly change the default username and password of the admin panel and WiFi too. Below are the steps to do that.
Change Netgear Default Password
Below are the steps to change the default password of Netgear router.
- Open your web browser and enter http://routerlogin.net in the URL address bar, hit enter.
- Enter the default username and password.
- Goto Advanced>Administrator>Set password.
- Type the old (default) password and then enter your new password.
- Click on Apply button and you’ve changed the default password.
Change Netgear Default WiFi Password
- Open the Netgear router admin panel.
- Click on Wireless settings option.
- Select the security type.
- Enter the New password and apply changes.
Once you Apply the WiFi password change, Router will disconnect all the devices. You need to login back to WiFi using the new password.
We hope you got your NETGEAR default password and other tips from this article. If you still have questions then comment down below and we’ll help you. Make sure you’ve subscribed to our newsletter.