To change your router’s settings like WiFi password, SSID etc. you need to log into your router. Every router has its admin panel from where users can change many things related to the router. Even if you want to perform router firmware update, you’ll have to log into your router. Most of the times, the default gateway to access the router admin panel is an IP address. But, in Netgear, users are provided a special address which is easy to remember. Users are not able to log into their router due to many several reasons. In this article, we’re going to show you how you can do Netgear router login easily. We’ve explained each and everything in this article. Also, there are many other ways to access the Netgear router admin panel.
Netgear has provided an app known as Genie, which is very helpful in managing the router settings. It makes easy accessing the router related settings. In order to access the admin panel, you need to know about the default gateway of your router. This gateway can be found easily using Windows, Linux or Mac if you don’t know. In most of the cases, the default gateway of the router is 192.168.1.1 and it’s the same Netgear router IP. But, thanks to Netgear, as they provide a unique URL address which can be used to do Netgear Router Login.
In fact, Netgear Genie Windows 10, MAC, Android, iOS app is an easy alternative. This app is can also be used to access router settings. Follow the whole article given below and we’ll show you all the ways to use admin panel of your Netgear router.
Netgear Router Login Process
Using Web Browser
This is the usual router login process used. In this method, we’ll use Netgear router login IP address or URL. Then it’ll redirect us to the login page where we need to enter the Netgear default password and username to access the admin panel.
- Connect the device where you want to login to Netgear router.
- Now, open a web browser. If you’re using the mobile device then we recommend you to use Chrome, EDGE, Firefox, Safari web browser.
- In the URL address bar enter https://routerlogin.net and hit enter.
- You’ll get the popup on your screen asking for username and password. Enter your username and password. If you don’t know what’s your username and password, read our article here.
- Once you’ve entered username and password, press Enter and you’ll be taken to the admin panel of the router. You’ve successfully logged into Netgear router.
Tip: If http://routerlogin.net didn’t worked for you try https://www.routerlogin.net or http://routerlogin.com. Still no success? Then try http://126.96.36.199
If you’re still not able to get the login page on yourbrowser, you need to detect the default gateway of your router. This gateway IP address can be used to open the routerlogin page. You can skip to our second method if you don’t want to access the router login page using default gateway address.
Know Netgear Router Login Address In Windows
To find the default gateway, follow the process given below:
- First, Right Click on network icon and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Then click on the network name which you’re using currently.
- A new Window will appear, click on Details button and again a new Window will appear.
- Scroll down and find IPv4 Address Default Gateway, this is the default gateway you can use to access routerlogin page of Netgear router.
Find Routerlogin Address Of Netgear In Linux
- Open terminal, Click Applications > System Tools > Terminal.
2. Type the command given below:
ip route | grep default
or Try another command:
3. You’ll get your default gateway listed inside the terminal.
4. Use that IP address to do Netgear router login.
Find Routerlogin Address In MAC
- Open Terminal app, Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app
2. Type the command given below:
netstat -nr | grep default
3. You’ll get your default gateway listed on the screen. Use that IP address and login to your router.
Using this method you can find the default gateway of your routers. Once you enter that IP address in your browser, you’ll be taken to the router login screen. If you’re still not able to get the login screen, try the different browser or different device. It should definitely work. Restart your router, and try again if still not working.
Using Netgear Genie App
Netgear Genie app is really very useful to do Netgear Router Login. You can access all the features which are available in the web version of the routerlogin page. Even, Genie provides you more features.
- You can Download Genie Windows 10, MAC, IOS, Android app for free.
- Install the application and open it.
- Make sure you’re connected to the router’s WiFi password.
- Login to the router using your login credentials.
- Once you login, you can access all the features of Genie app and can change router settings.
We hope you’re successfully logged into the router’s admin panel. We’ve tried to show all the methods to do Netgear router login. If you’re still having problem or have questions then comment down below and we’ll help you. Make sure you’re subscribed to our newsletter to get latest articles instantly.