NVIDIA is one of the very popular Graphics cards makers and it’s used by millions of users worldwide. If you’re using NVIDIA graphics card, you probably know its power. If we talk about the features that NVIDIA provides. Then there are many things you can’t get anywhere else rather than in NVIDIA. This company provides very powerful graphics cards to users plus updated drivers and GeForce experience to enhance the usability of its graphics cards. Graphics cards are mainly used by hard-core gamers, video editors etc. Without the graphics card, we can’t enjoy anything related to video and graphics in very high quality. A graphics card can play 4K video, 3D video very easily and acceleration of graphics is boosted by the graphics card. It provides smooth gaming and video watching/editing experience. In Nvidia, you need to install its graphics driver and while installing it users are getting NVIDIA installer failed error.
When a user installs or update Windows 10 and tries to install the NVIDIA GRaphics driver, the installation returns NVIDIA installer failed error. There are many reasons behind this problem. If you’re updating GPU in the background and at the same time you tried to install the NVIDIA driver, you’ll definitely get this error message. Mostly Windows 10 updates its GPU drivers automatically once you’ve installed the Windows 10 on your system.
There are many fixes to this problem we’ve shown in this article. YOu can solve this problem on your own and there’s no need to re-install Windows OS again. Most of the times re-installing the NVIDIA using clean installation feature solves this problem. Also, you can manually update the drier. NVIDIA provides all the driver updates and downloads on their official website.
We’ve provided all the methods in this article and you should follow these steps according to the way they’re arranged. It’ll help you in fixing the problem easily. Also, make sure you’ve driver installation files. If you’re trying to install the driver using NVIDIA GeForce and get GeForce can’t connect to NVIDIA, you should follow our article to fix it. But, users who are trying to install NVIDIA using offline installer and get NVIDIA installer failed should follow this article.
Fix: NVIDIA Installer Failed Windows 10, Windows 7 or Other Build Of Windows OS
Following are the possible fix to your problem:
- Perform a clean installation of NVIDIA Driver.
- Download the latest version of the Driver.
- Use GeForce Experience To Install NVIDIA Driver.
- Disable Antivirus/Firewall Programs.
- Kill all the processes/services related to the NVIDIA.
Perform Clean Installation Of NVIDIA Driver
In this method, we’ll be guiding you to install NVIDIA driver using clean installation feature. This feature allows users to clean/delete all the previous installation-related data from the computer and the driver will install again on the system. If the previous installation was unsuccessful, the clean installation makes sure that users won’t encounter any error again related to the NVIDIA driver installation.
Tip: We recommend you to restart your computer before proceeding to the steps.
- Open Nvidia installer and complete first two steps which are “System Check” and “License Agreement”.
- Now in the Options (3rd Step) select Custom (Advanced) and click Next.
- Select the driver components you want to install (All recommended) and tick the checkbox of “Perform a clean installation“, then click Next.
- Now, wait till the installation is complete. Your installation should be successful now. If you’re still getting the error, follow our next methods to fix NVIDIA installer failed error.
Download The latest NVIDIA Driver
No success! Well, then there might be any problem with the version you’re trying to install on your system. If you’ve updated from Windows 7 or Windows 8, 8.1 to Windows 10 then you should check for the driver updates. Maybe there’s a new version of the driver available which works perfectly with Windows 10.
NVIDIA provides all the driver’s update information on their official website including the downloads to the updated drivers. Even users have the option to use GeForce Experience to download the driver update but, this can also be done manually.
- Visit their official website here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Now, select your Graphics Card and all other information. Make sure you’ve entered the correct information. Alternatively, you can visit here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us and Nvidia will automatically detect your system information (Note: JAVA Required)
- Now, download your driver update and install it on your system.
There’s an application named GeForce experience which is specially developed by NVIDIA to update the drivers and record gameplay etc. Users who don’t want to update the driver manually should use this application. It’s really very useful for users using NVIDIA Graphics driver.
When you update the driver using this application, NVIDIA installer failed error will be gone.
- Download GeForce Experience from here: https://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/download
- Then install it on your system.
- Once installed, open it and select Drivers tab.
- Now, click on Check for updates and GeForce will find the latest driver available for your computer.
- Download the driver update and install it on your system.
Disable Antivirus Programs or Firewalls
Sometimes, antivirus programs or firewalls are responsible for the NVIDIA Installer failed error. Antivirus programs block some components and processes related to the installer resulting in this problem. So, it’s wise to disable or turn off firewall/antivirus protections during the installation of NVIDIA graphics card.
To Disable Antivirus
You can terminate all the antivirus programs manually or use the Antivirus Disable feature.
- Right Click on Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Task manager will appear, click on More details to see all the processes. Find your Antivirus related applications.
- Right-Click and select End Task.
Right-click on the antivirus icon on the taskbar and select Disable to disable it. (Options may vary)
To Disable Firewall and Windows Defender
Windows firewall may block some features which are required to install the NVIDIA driver. So, you should disable the firewall at the time of installation. It can be done easily using firewall settings which can be accessed from the Control panel.
- Open Control Panel, Press Win+R and type control panel and hit enter. Or Press Win+X and select Control Panel.
- Click on Windows Firewall. On the left side of the screen, select Turn On/Off Windows Firewall option.
- Select Turn Off Windows Firewall option and save the changes.
- Go back to the control panel and select Windows Defender.
- Windows defender will open and click on settings.
- Disable the real time protection and save changes.
- Try installing the NVIDIA driver again. You shouldn’t get NVIDIA Installer Failed error.
Stop/Kill All NVIDIA Related Services and Processes.
While your NVIDIA installer failed error is displayed on the screen, there might be many things related to NVIDIA which are installed or running in the background. There’s the possibility that due to those services/processes your NVIDIA installation is failing. Hence, ending those processes and stopping the services can fix your problem.
- Open task manager and click on More Details.
- Find all the processes contains the name “NVIDIA” and Right-Click>End Task.
- Press Win+R and type services.msc and hit enter.
- Find all the services contains the name “NVIDIA” and Right-Click>Stop.
- Run the NVIDIA Installer again and check if you get the error again or not.
We hope that your problem is now solved. We’ve tried to show you all the methods which can fix NVIDIA installer failed error. If you’re still having the problem, then comment down below and we’ll try to help you in every possible way.