Windows 7 is one of the most popular and powerful OS for PC. It was launched by Microsoft in Jul 2009 and becomes popular very soon. Still, after Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10, Windows 7 has the market share of about 48% which is very huge. It’s because of simplicity of Windows 7. Users loved to use Windows 7 for office work and for gaming. Since its release, Microsoft tried hard to make it simple, stable, and powerful. Users love Windows 7 worldwide due to its simplicity and anyone can learn Windows 7 easily. However, many users encounter many problems with Windows 7 which is caused by viruses or any other problems. If the problem isn’t solved by the user then they prefer to re-install Windows 7. So, in this article, we’ll be showing how to reformat Windows 7.
The best way of installing Windows is by formatting the drive and installing Windows on it. It makes sure that all the viruses or the problems in that drive are cleaned and drive is reformatted. So, if you want to re-install Windows 7 on your PC, consider formatting the drive and install Windows on it. This article will guide you through all the steps to reformat Windows 7. If your Windows 7 isn’t working well or infected by viruses, you should reformat Windows 7. Below are the things you’ll require to do this:
- A bootable Pendrive.
- Windows 7 installation files.
If you have CD of Windows 7 containing Windows 7 installation files then you can directly read the steps given below. Otherwise, you should have a bootable Pendrive and Windows installation files. We’ve already published an article on how to create bootable Pendrive. So, check that article in order to make bootable Windows 7 Pendrive and then follow the steps given below.
Also: How To Defrag Windows
How To Reformat Windows 7
By reformat, we mean that we’re cleaning the drive where Windows 7 was installed. Then we’ll install the Windows back again on the same drive. The good thing about this is that there will be no error caused by the drive or files that drive contains where you’re installing the Windows. It’ll be the clean installation of Windows 7. Steps given below will be same for Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 as well. but, we’ll be showing you exactly how to do it in case of Windows 7. Read the steps given below:
- First of all, make sure you’ve bootable Windows 7 Pendrive. Plug the Pendrive to the USB port on your PC/laptop. If you have CD, put the CD in CD Drive.
- Turn on your PC and enter into BIOS Menu. From here select the booting device selection mode. Select USB if you’re using USB Pendrive or select CD Drive if using CD as installation media.
- After this Windows installation process will start. Windows will load the installation files and will check that installation files are working properly and are ready to install.
- After this Windows logo will appear and Setup Is Starting will be written on the screen. Wait till setup is completely started.
- Once setup is started, select the language in which you want to use the setup. Select your language and click Next.
- On next screen, accept the license terms and conditions and click Next.
- Then you’ll be asked whether you can to upgrade Windows or re-install it. Select the Custom option so that you can reformat Windows 7.
- Once you’ve selected the custom option, the list of partitions will appear on the screen. You can either select the partition or create a new partition.
- To create a new partition, select the advanced option and click on New. Enter the size and format to the partition and create a new partition.
- If you want to reformat Windows 7 on existing partition, select the partition and select advanced options. Now, click on Format. You’ll get a warning that your whole the data in that partition will be erased. Click Ok and wait till the format is complete.
- After successfully formatting the partition, click again on that partition and click next. now, the installation process will start and it’ll take minutes to hours and depends on how fast your PC is.
- Your PC will restart 2-3 times during the installation process. So, sit back and relax till the installation is complete. make sure power supply isn’t interrupted to the PC so that installation will go smoothly. Connect your laptop’s battery charger if you’re reformatting Windows 7 on the laptop.
- Once the installation process is complete, enter your PC details like PC name, Username, Password and other details which will be needed to setup your PC.
Windows 7 Reformat Done
You’ve successfully reformated Windows 7 on your PC. Now, you can enjoy Windows 7 without any problem or errors. The best thing about clean installation is that there will be no disk error and virus problem left if your Windows installation drive was infected with such problems.
Also: Control PC With Android
This is the best way to reformat Windows 7 on your PC. Also, the steps are same to reformat Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. So, if you want to reformat any version of Windows, you can do it by the same steps given above. If you’ve encountered any problem, comment down below and we’ll try to solve your problem.