As we all know that MS Word is full of features which are very useful in creating beautiful documents easily. One of the great features in Word is that its pages support headers and features. The need of header and footer in Word is that using this user can add page numbers in Word or can add graphics. Usually, while numbering the pages automatically, users will get the option whether to add the number on the top of the page or at the bottom of the page. Once the graphics or page numbering is added, the alignment of the existing text in the document will not be changed as the footer or header space will be used in this case. But, sometimes users don’t need this feature as allowing them will increase the height of the page and the worst part is that if users aren’t adding the numbering or graphics to the bottom or top of the page, he still won’t be able to use the header or the footer space. So, in this article, we’ll be showing you how to remove header and footer in Word.
Removing these unwanted things from the document pages is very easy in MS Word. Sometimes, we have more than 1-2 pages in the document. Assuming that you’ve long 10+ pages in word, then removing the header and footer in Word from every single page one by one will be very time-consuming. But, there’s a tool which is useful to remove it in one click.
Users who want to remove this space from some specific pages should use the method one. But, those who want to remove it from all the pages in the Word should follow the second method on this page. We’ve explained the steps in details and you’ll be able to easily perform this task by following this article.
Remove Header and Footer In Word From Selected Pages
It’s obvious that not all users want to remove the headers or the footers from all the pages in the WOrd document. There might be few or selected pages from where he wants to remove them. So, this can be done very easily. Follow the steps given below:
- Double click on the header or footer of a page in the Document or Right Click>Edit Header/Footer.
- Now, you’ll get the design tab in the tool menu.
- Click on the Header or the Footer option and then select Remove Header/Footer option.
- Press Esc or click on Close button to close the Design tab.
- Repeat these steps with all the pages from where you need to remove the header and footer.
Remove Header and Footer In Word From All Pages
As the process given above might be very time to consume for you if you have many pages in your word. You won’t be then removing them one by one as it’ll waste your a lot of time. So, in Word, you can use inspect feature. This feature is useful to find all the elements from all the pages in a document in Word. Similarly, headers and footers are elements in Word and can be removed in one click. Below are the detailed steps you need to follow.
Note: We recommend you to create a duplicate copy of your word document. The reason behind this is that the steps shown below will remove all the headers and footers in bulk. This might create some troubles for you in many ways. So, consider creating a duplicate of the document. Also, if you haven’t saved your document yet, then save it first and make a duplicate and then proceed to the steps below in this article.
- Open the Word document and click on File option on the top left side on the screen.
- Now, select Check For Status>Inspect Document.
- Uncheck all the elements expecting Headers, Footers and then click on Inspect.
- Now, wait till all the elements are inspected and you’ll get the result showing the number of H and F in your document.
- Click on Remove all and all the H and F will e removed quickly.
We hope that you’re now able to remove header and footer in Word document easily by following the steps shown in this article. But, if you’re having some problem the comment down below and we’ll try to help you out in every possible way.