Watermark is the only way someone can tell about the real owner of the picture. Without watermarking the images, documents etc. which are digital media, will result in piracy of the things without addressing the real owner of the media. Like if you upload a picture on the social media and it goes viral then millions of people will be seeing that picture. If you’ve added the watermark to the picture then you’ll be considered as the owner of the picture and all the credit goes to you. But, without the watermark, no one will ever know about the real owner of the picture. Also, watermarking the digital media will result in less piracy. Similarly, in Word, users can watermark their Word documents easily. But, what if you want to remove the watermark from the word documents? It can be easily done using the MS Word itself. In this article, we’ve shown the complete guide on how to remove watermark from Word document.
There might be many reasons behind removing the watermark from the Word documents. Like if you’ve used the wrong watermark image or wrong text then you probably want to remove it and want to use the right one. Because once the documents are printed the wrong watermark will be printed which will result in n loss of papers as you can’t distribute them.
It’s very easy to remove the watermark from the word document. There are few steps which are needed to follow. We’ve shown the three methods in this article so it’s obvious that you’ll be able to remove the wrong watermarked image/text from the documents.
Steps To Remove Watermark From Word
There are three methods in total and all are very simple and quick. We’ve explained every method in detail so that you won’t get any problem during the process.
Note: Before proceeding, make sure you’ve created a duplicate of the page whose watermark you want to remove. In case you’ve done something wrong with the document, you can easily recover it as you’ve another duplicate of the document.
Method 1: Remove Watermark From Word Using Watermark Tool
In this method, we’ll be simple using the watermark feature option. There’s remove watermark button there which will remove the watermark from all the pages.
- Open your Word document.
- Click on Design tab and Select Watermark.
- Now, click on Remove Water button and wait till processing is complete. (Depends on number of pages).
- Press Ctrl+S to save your document now.
If you don’t see any change in the Word pages, like watermark is still on the page, then try our second method.
Method 2: Remove Watermark From Word On Single Page
- Open the word document again.
- Double click on the header or the footer or Right Click>Edit Footer/Header.
- Now, again double click on the Watermark image/text.
- Hit Delete key on your keyboard and watermark will be deleted.
- Repeat the steps with all the pages from where you want to remove the watermark. Indirectly this method is used to remove watermark from specific pages in Word document.
This process is very time-consuming but useful if want to remove from the specific pages. But, if the 1st method didn’t work for you and second method seems to be very time consuming then use the third method. The watermark in MS Word is an element and in Word, we can bulk find all the elements in the document and can remove them in one click. Like if we want to remove headers and footer or want to remove Watermark then this can be done in bulk in MS Word.
Method 3: Bulk Remove Watermark From Word Pages
- Open the document in MS Word and click on File.
- Now, click Check For Status>Inspect Element.
- Now, you’ll get a list of all the elements that MS Word support. By default, all the options are checked. You need to uncheck all the option expecting Headers, Footers, and Watermark option. Keep this option checked.
- Now, hit the Inspect button and wait till all the pages with Watermark are found.
- Now, simply click on Remove all and all the watermarked pages will be removed.
These are the three methods which are working in all the version of MS Word. We’re sure that you’re now able to remove all the unwanted watermark from your Word Documents. But, if you’re having some problem then comment down below and we’ll try to help you out in every possible way.