Since the increase in the number of Android users, the number of Android applications and Android mobile manufacturers is increasing. It’s only because of the features, apps, and advantage to customize ROMS and due to this Android users are growing simultaneously. In fact, due to the huge number of users, Android platform is becoming a farmhouse to generate revenue and to spam people by showing them ads which are full of malware. Mainly these types of ads are shown on apps which are downloaded from irrelevant sources. In fact, we’ve seen that some Chinese Mobiles are displaying ads on Home screen and on some other parts of the mobile e.g Settings, Mobile Menu etc. This is very unfair as if ads are shown on Android mobile home screen, the user experience will be very bad and frustrating. In this article, we’ve discussed on how to stop ads on Android home screen.
It’s very important to stop irrelevant ads on the home screen or on any other part of the Android mobile because most of these ads link to spammy and unfair websites. Also, your privacy might be at huge risk as these types of adware can collect information from your mobile. In most of the cases, the main reason behind this problem is the apps which are installed by the users. While installing these types of apps, they ask the user to give permission and without those permissions, the app can’t be installed on the device. When permissions are given and the app is installed, frustrating ads kept showing on your home screen on Android mobile. There are different ways to stop ads on Android home screen as there are different reasons behind this problem. Read down all the reasons which might be responsible for the ads which are showing up on your home screen and other parts of your Android mobile phone. We hope you’ll get the solution to your problem.
Possible Ways To Stop Ads On Android Home Screen, Disable Home Screen Ads On Android
Now, let’s get to the point. You y frustrated from the irrelevant ads on the home screen of your Android mobile and want to get rid of them. Below are few possibilities which can be the reason behind those ads and solutions are also written so that you can solve this problem on your own. One of the best ways you can solve this is by resetting your Android device. But, before resetting it make sure you’ve created android Data backup for the items you want. But, users who want to solve the problem without resetting the device can follow the steps given below.
Have You Installed Apps From 3rd Party Source In Past Few Hours?
As we’ve discussed above that it might be due to the apps which are downloaded from 3rd party sources e.g, not from the google play store. Even, if you’ve installed an app from Google Play Store in past few hours then uninstall it and check if ads are still shown on your Android home screen or not. If you don’t know the process to uninstall the app, below are the steps.
- Open your mobile phone Settings.
- Scroll down and find Apps option or you can search for “apps”.
- Then, you’ll get all the apps which are downloaded and installed by you.
- Scroll and locate the apps which you’ve installed in past few hours.
- Click on the app and then tap Uninstall.
- Open your Android mobile Menu.
- Long tap on the app icon which is installed by you in past few hours and might be responsible for the ads appearing on Android home screen.
- You’ll get Uninstall option on the top of the screen.
- Drag the icon to the Uninstall option.
- You’ll get the warning about the uninstallation of the app.
- Click Uninstall or OK and uninstallation will begin.
After you’ve completed these steps, check if ads are still appearing on your home screen or not. If this problem is caused by apps which were installed by you from 3rd party sources, the problem should no longer exist. But, if the problem isn’t gone then follow some other possibilities to fix this problem.
Try Figuring Out The App Due To Which Ads Are Showing On Home Screen
Now, it’s time to find out the app information due to which ads are being shown. It’s very easy to check, follow the steps given below.
- Wait for the ads to appear on your screen.
- Once ads appeared, long tap on it and you should get the option “App Info“.
- Tap on the App Info button and you’ll be redirected to the settings.
- You should now see the app information which is responsible for the ads on your Home Screen.
- Click on Uninstall button to uninstall the app, if you don’t see uninstall app option, simply clear app data.
- In fact, you can also restrict this app from accessing the internet connection s that it can never show ads on your Android home screen.
Use AirPush Detector To Find App Who’s Displaying Ads
You can use an Android application which can detect all the apps who are displaying ad framework and ad notification on your Android mobile phone. It’s very easy to use and you can figure out all the irrelevant apps showing spammy ads and decreasing your user experience. This app is available on Android play store and you can download and use it for free. This can be really very useful to stop ads on Android home screen.
- First, search on PlayStore for “AirPush Detector” and install the app.
- After installing, open it and click on Refresh button.
- The app will now scan all the notifications and adware installed.
- If any adware is detected, click on the com.XXXXXX option and find the app information.
- Uninstall the app from your device and you should now no longer get ads on your Android home screen.
We now hope that you’re no longer getting Ads on Android home screen. But, if you think the problem still exists on your device, then comment down below and we’ll try to help you out. As we’ve listed in our article that there are not only a few but many reasons behind this problem. But, we’ve tried to cover all the methods which will work for most of the people to stop ads on Android home screen. Ads on home screen on Android are really frustrated, so if your problem isn’t solved, leave a comment down below and we’ll reply you as soon as possible.