In this solution page we will see how to fix Windows Resource Protection Could Not Start the Repair Service. If you are receiving problem like “Windows resource protection could not start the process” and you can’t scan system files from checking whether they are corrupted or not, then this post will help you to fix that issue. Windows resource protection is the scan in Windows OS that replaces windows files protection. This system is very useful as it protects your registry keys and much more to make you safe from threats.
When Did This Problem Occur?
This problem generally occurs when you are trying to use the command called “sfc /scannow” or System File checker tool in Windows OS. This tool provides facility to scan for the corrupted files in your system and is located in C:\Windows\System32 folder. This tool is very useful for advanced users and you can run this tool with administrator privileges. But some users may receive problems like this.
How To Fix This Problem(Windows resource protection could not start the process) :-
There are many fixes for this problem and trying one of them will surely fix your problem. Below are the methods using which you can fix this problem.
Method 1 :-
In this method, we are using service manager to solve this.
1.Open command prompt and type “services.msc”
2. In the service window look for “Windows Module Installer”. This is a service which takes care of your updates, manages your updates and all stuff like that. This service should be running on your OS.
3. Double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. If service is not running. Click on “Start”. Also check that its startup type has set to “Manual” because if it’s not set to manual, it will not be automatically started when your system boots up. You can also check its other properties for more information.
You can also use CMD to start this service. Just open your CMD and type “net start trustedinstaller“
This may fix your problem. You should again try the scan tool to check for corrupted files. If you are still receiving problem then you should try another method given below.
Method 2 :-
This method is similar to above but we are using CMD for this purpose (Windows resource protection could not start the process) with some extra commands which will surely fix your problem.
- Open CMD with administrative privileges. Without administrator privileges, you can’t do this.
- Type “sc config trustedinstaller start= auto” and press enter. This will configure your trusted installer service to auto start.
3. Now type “net start trustedinstaller” and hit enter. This will start your Trusted Installer services and will fix your problem.
These are the fixes that will surely help you. Now you can again use “sfc /scannow” command to start the scan for files that are corrupted in your system.
SFC is the utility which stands for System File Checker that scans for corrupted files in your System files and automatically fix them. This tool is recommended to check your system files if your system is not running well or making huge errors. SFC scan will fix all those problems.
If you are still getting error Windows Resource Protection Could Not Start the Repair Service then let us know about it. Comment in the comment section below so we can soon find a quick fix for you.