Remove Write Protection From Pendrive
Remove write protection from pendrive by following 3 ways. These three ways are usefull in order to remove write protection from any pendrive. In this world of technology we are using pendrives in order to transfer data to various machines. Pendrives have one of the security feature called Write Protection which disbales the access to download, upload or editing files from the pendrive. We can remove this protection by following ways.
Write protection is a setting that blocks any sort of modification or deletion of a file on a disc. If you are experiencing an issue when attempting to copy or delete files on a USB flash drive, there is a very simple solution that will allow you to remove this setting, giving you the capability to modify, copy, or delete any files from your USB drive.
Registry editor can be used to remove write protection from any pendrive. Registry editor collects resources for windows and contains values. So we can remove write protection using registry editor and changing values in editor.
Follow the steps below to remove write protection from pendrive:-
- Press Win+R and type “regedit” and hit enter.
- Now navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM> CURRENTCONTROLSET > CONTROL >S TORAGEDEVICEPOLICIES”.
3. Now double-click the “WriteProtect” key located in the right side pane and set the value to 0.
4.Go to the Data Value box and press “OK”
Method 2:- Use CMD To Remove Write Protection From Pendrive
- Firstly Click On “Start Button” >> Then Search “CMD” >> Then Click Enter to open command prompt window.
- Then type “diskpart” and press enter and another window will appear.
- Type “list volume” and press Enter. This command will display a list of drives connected to tour computer.
- Search for your pendrive by the letter that follows it name.
- Type select volume x. Replace x with the number from the first column in the list for the USB drive or SD card you want to perform commands for.
- For example, if the USB drive is Volume 3, you’d type select volume 3.
- Type “attributes disk clear readonly” and press enter.
- Type “exit“ and press enter.
This will also helps to remove write protection from pendrive.
Method 3 :- Removing Write Protection By Formatting
You can just simply format your pendrive to remove write protection from pendrive. This method works in rare chances.
- Select Your Pendrive from the drives list.
- Right click on it and select “Format”
- press OK and format it.
Sometimes this methods might fix this problem easily and you can Remove Write Protection From Pendrive.